Wednesday, September 03, 2008

his heart in every line

“Should a smack as part of good parental correction be a criminal offense in New Zealand?”

Ahh, the smacking debate. There's a good long rant in there somewhere, but it's late, so I'll just leave you with this:
Where's the age limit?

No, really. Where does the statute of limitations for my parent's ability to smack me run out if this wonderful slice of sadism passes in the referendum next year? 10? 15? 25? Fucking never? Can my Dad still give me a state-sanctioned wallop when I'm 35 and he's 72 if I piss him off*?

What idiot drafted such an open-ended referendum question anyway? And can I give him a smack for fucking it up so royally?

You always wanted to know, but were afraid to ask:
How would the U.S. military fight a zombie army? - I know what you're thinking, and you're right. That is the best question ever asked.





*I should point out that my Dad seldom if every smacked any of us, and my Mum also worked out the error of her ways quite early ... though not early quite early enough for me not to develop a profound aversion to wooden spoons.

No comments: