Friday, June 29, 2007

I got no time for private consultation

I seem to have collected several hundred links to articles of momentary interest during my travails upon the silicon paths, always meaning to tag them onto the end of my blog entries; but since my blog entries have been a little light recently, I guess I'll have to salt a few random ones here instead:

The USB Missile launcher - now, I've got one of these. It's fun for 5 minutes or so, but desperately needs the following:
  • A camera. For aiming, and possibly recording your hits. If you want to go real crazy, a mini-camera in the head of the foam missile.
  • A wireless controller. Because a.) the usb cable only reaches so far, and b.) it would be so much easier to ambush people if you could hide them randomly round the office.
  • A better power supply (it takes 3 AA batteries and they last no time at all).
  • Actual explosive tips.
  • The ability to control more than one at once.
Besides all that, I now desperately need to find one of these. Unfortunately it's ridiculously expensive at the only place I can find it for sale, ThinkGeek.

Beating Guns into Guitars - Well, I suppose it's better than beating guitars over the heads of guitarists ... no, wait, it's not.

Conspiracy theorists must face the truth of Mars hill - Let me put it this way. How many faces have you sculpted hills out of in the hope of attracting aliens? No, while drunk doesn't count.

LEDs could start replacing lightbulbs soon

quadtec: A new way to tell digital time - personally, I'm not sold on the concept, but golly, don't it look snazzy?

Lack of sleep may impact upon moral judgement - not to mention making me cranky as hell.

Sex workers report high job satisfaction - dammit, is nothing sacred? But at least the survey does prove that a BA doesn't doom you solely to a job in McDonalds.

Torture and '24' - because it hurts us less than the real thing?

Religious video game leaves spyware behind - Seriously, why am I not surprised?

Laws for sale! Astroturfing and citizen apathy on the rise

For God's Sake, By Paul Krugman
- Well, when I finally get to hell, at least I'll be in good company.

Sudanese goat wife pops her hooves - Words fail me, much.

Makes me happy
Attempts to introduce Intelligent Design in Europe spark backlash

Makes my angry

Banks demand a look inside customer PCs in fraud cases

Makes me angry, and Satan happy

Copyright coalition: Piracy more serious than burglary, fraud, bank robbery


"You meet saints every where. They can be anywhere. They are people behaving decently in an indecent society." - Kurt Vonnegut
"I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the little children jump up and down and run around yelling and screaming...They don't know I'm only using blanks." - Emo Philips

... and what else could I go out on, but
Headless teddy wins weirdest USB drive.

No comments: